“I stand in awe of anyone who hatches a dream and who shows the guts to hang tough, all alone, and sees it through reality”
I read this book when I was in a bit of a slump and wasn’t putting 100% into my dreams and goals so it was a perfect read. It begins by talking about a force of resistance that constantly tries to distract us from doing what we have to do. Whether it be starting your own business, going back to school, losing 10lbs or 50lbs, getting out of a bad relationship, or becoming a famous actress, there is always this force trying to block us from moving forward into the best version of ourselves. The roadblocks begin in our mind as thought patterns that sabotage our actions and confidence. Once we learn to stop giving fear, doubt, procrastination, shyness, ego, and self loathing/complaining power, we can tap into our ability to get shit done.
Once you become aware of these thought patterns, cut them out and form the following habits:
- Start on your goals and vision before you think you’re ready.
- If you over-think or over-analyze, doubt or fear will kick in and you’ll procrastinate or not start at all! Just start! And finish what you set out to do.
- The more you commit to your dreams, the more you’ll receive assistance and attract good people, events, and ideas into your life that will help you put it all together. The more you act on it, the more things will fall in place.
- Remind yourself why you’re doing it and who you’re doing it for. This should always fuel you!
- Love your vision and what you do. It’s the only way you’ll do great work. Otherwise you’ll just put in the bare minimum.
- Act out of instinct and passion, not out of overthinking.
- Trust the ideas that come to you and trust the things that inspire you. They’re your compass. And remember, the negative thoughts in our heads are just chatter and nonsense. Control it and keep affirming your dreams and progress.
- Prepare for resistance. When you set out to do something big or good for yourself, there are going to be times where you want to slack, procrastinate or quit but you have to program yourself out of that and be able to keep control when those periods are trying to attack!
- Reflect on your progress and make the necessary adjustments but don’t stop or quit what you started. What is the point of beginning something if you don’t finish!?
When we work on our goals and dreams,
“It generates its own energy field, created by your own will and your attention. This field attracts like spirited entities into orbit” such as ideas, inspiration, motivation, and the desire to get shit done!
This book is awesome because it doesn’t just give you the overly chipper and fluffy advice to “Follow your Dreams” and “Follow your Heart” but also talks about the more gritty side of fulfilling your goals and dreams. It talks about being tested along the way when it gets hard, when things don’t go exactly as planned, and when things temporarily crash on you. During those moments, you gotta ask yourself how bad do you want it? And why? When you have a minor set back, do you panic and quit? Or adjust and keep pushin’. Set backs and even total failures just signal room for growth, some kind of lesson to be learned. They’re meant to instill a new trait and a new understanding in you that you’ll use to handle the next level of your success.
The Enemy Within
One of the main take aways is that our thoughts are a program that either inspire us to act and become the most powerful version of ourselves or the average version of ourselves. The enemy is inside of us and our thoughts but is NOT us. We just often give these mindsets so much power that we confuse it as ourselves. We have the daily job of evolving the way we think and evolving what we believe is possible for ourselves.
Truly own your dreams and visions by fully trusting that you can live them out. And if some people, even friends and family, don’t believe in your vision at first, that’s okay! Your own faith in it must overpower every form of resistance.
Make your dreams huge and respect your goals by accomplishing them. Never have an average mindset. Love your work and love the grind. Start before your ready, trust yourself and see it through. If you let your dreams die, they will always haunt you.
Here is a link to the book!
Read the post below for more on the power of mentality. Write your comments below 🙂
[social_share style=”bar” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” text=”” heading=”” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”1″ link=”” /]